Monday, May 25, 2009
I have been wanting to get the raw chocolate thing going in my morning superfood smoothie, but it just hasn't tasted good...Too bitter, too watery, etc. After a couple of Detox Foot Baths this weekend and a constant dose of the Terminator Zapper, my mind cleared and the heavens opened! OK - I might have missed the obvious all along. I took coconut water PLUS about 1/4 cup of coconut flesh from the Young Thai coconut that I just opened...I believe that smooothies with a healthy fat base allow for a more complete delivery system of the "medicine" (superfoods and superherbs) that you put in the smoothie. Hemp seeds, hemp oil, and flax oil are alternative ways of achieving this.
Here is the recipe for a Superfood Smooothie with incredible taste:
1 Tbsp. Cacao - I like Vivapura Raw Chocolate from Ecuador
2 Tbsp. Goji Berries
1 Tbsp. Revitaphi - Elements for Life (www.noblelifeelements.com/livefooddoctor)
1/4 cup coconut flesh
1 cup coconut water
2 droppersful Maitake - I like MycoHerb
3-4 ice cubes
Blend in VitaMix. Enjoy!
To learn how to open a Young Thai coconut, which is available at most Asian Grocers, check out Andrea Livingston's Raw Food blog www.phytofoods.blogspot.com!
Saturday, May 23, 2009
I've known about biological dentistry for many years. I had all my amalgams removed, some in '95 and the rest in '98. I have continued to have some dental issues, and I am convinced that the previous dental work has given way to the new problems. In David Wolfe's lectures of the past couple of years, he has been developing his new longevity paradigm. This paradigm focuses on the eradication of nanobacteria from a person's system.
The nanobacteria are like barnacles in a way. They are the root cause of the buildup of calcifications throughout the body. What is the harm of calcifications in the body? Think atherosclerosis, the narrowing of the blood vessels. This could result in heart attacks or strokes. Think kidney stones. Think chronic pain or stiffness. When you look at an older person who appears stiff, struggles to move quickly, this is the end result of many years of calcification in the body.
Now, back to dentistry. David's contention is that nanobacteria live on dental instruments and that they are not autoclaved, so these bacteria are then passed from one patient to the next. Lovely thought, eh? This introduces it right into the bloodstream. etc. My mentor in naturopathic medicine explained that each time you drill into the tooth, you significantly weaken it. Our teeth are meant to remain in our mouths; can you believe it? One of the largest contributors to dental issues is most likely the chronic, and tragic, mineral deficiencies in our soil and consequently in most of the people living in the U.S. Each tooth in our mouth is related to some part or organ of the body. By losing the tooth, we may have effects on the organ itself. Keep every tooth and as much of it as you can!
David is radical enough to say that he will not have one more dental procedure. He uses essential oils, neem, and ormus gold to keep his teeth healthy. He claims that he remineralized a chipped tooth to actually grow back some of the tooth.
I don't know if this is possible, but I find his comments on dentistry very compelling. I am nursing a filling that fell out, and each dentist appt I have tried to make here in Tucson has been cancelled or referred to the next dentist. Then, David was in town and he talked extensively about the above in his talk. Should I perhaps take the hint? It was also recommended to me to try magnesium oil.
The final thing that David mentioned about tooth health did astound me. I have been in on the raw chocolate information for a while. I know it is high in magnesium, vitamin C, electrolytes and much more. However, it wasn't until I actually saw the cacao beans all lined up in the fruit itself. That blew me away. It truly looks like two rows of brilliantly pearly white teeth. Should we remember the doctrine of signatures? A little joke that the creative forces play on us, or just gentle "duh" reminders! That is to say...the walnut looks just like the cerebrum and is great for brain function. The tomato looks like the 4 chambers of the heart the tomato is sliced in half, and it is good for the heart. Chocolate, it turns out, is beneficial for tooth health...Raw chocolate that is very light in the sweetener content, of course...
The more I see patients and talk to particpants of my cleansing program, the Body Bliss Cleanse, www.bodyblisscleanse.com the more I become aware of how many women are experiencing low thyroid function and do not know it. Here are some of the things women are typically report that makes me think of thyroid suppression:
2) Dry skin
3) Can't lose weight no matter what. Eat a raisin, gain 10 pounds.
4) Foggy thinking.
5) Crave coffee and can't get through the day without it.
6) Heavy menses, painful menses, cramps, irregular cycles.
There are several issues that we need to talk about in consideration of low thyroid function.
1) Iodine, iodine, iodine. The % of Americans low in iodine may be close to 90%. There may be serious health conditions that could be avoided just by proper iodine supplementation.
2) Protect yourself from radiation and the effects of EMF's.
Use a BioPro chip on your phone, Wear a Q-Link, and get "earthed" through a Barefoot Pad and mattress cover that keeps you grounded to the earth.
3) Balance your cortisol levels. Handling the EMF situation will help quite a bit. Go to bed the same time each night, get up in the morning the same time. Imbalances in cortisol, which come from stress, consuming caffeine, or sleeping irregular hours or even poor sleep really disrupt the thyroid. They cause inactive thyroid hormone to be converted to a useless form of active thyroid hormone, called reverse T3.
3)Selenium. Use FOOD AS MEDICINE! I recommend brazil nuts (5-7 per day) and Goji Berries are a source of selenium as well.
4) Beta-Carotene is very important for thyroid function. 2 carrots per day will do the trick. Remember also that kale, collards and all the greens are rich in beta carotene.
5) Tyrosine is another crucial nutrient for the thyroid. Avocodos, bananas, almonds, sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds are all high in tyrosine.
6) Consume young thai coconuts. Particularly the coconut flesh is excellent for people with low thyroid function.
7) Leave out the soy products!!!